Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Forging ahead

If there is one thing I need to admit first it is this: I have been a bad blogger.

I've heard the call for more and simply replied, "No, we aren't ready."

There have been formatting fixations, content quandaries, and picture placement productions. At the end of the day, I am sorry for not blogging more frequently.

With that being said, I am now ready for more: more posting, more links, more pictures and more thoughts to share. Though, I will must forewarn you- this is just bologna here. Beans went AWOL. (Not really- she's figuring out the best way to make this a better, cooler, more hip blog.) Until she comes back, it will just be me sharing my ideas and thoughts with you. When she comes back you will have her funny videos and silly facial expressions to look forward to once again.

Moving on, I have a second confession to make: I have spent the greater part of my day surfing the web trying to find Christmas gifts for my friends and family. I have had the most anxiety this year than any of those past over venturing into the mall or my favorite discount stores. (Yes, I will now admit that many of your gifts have come from TJMaxx or Marshall's. There-I said it!- I'm out!)

Meanwhile, I've been to four Thanksgiving celebrations, planned a clothing swap and brunch for this Saturday and attending my first boxing class. (In fact, as I sit here typing this I'm feeling a unique pain wiring my body from the shoulders to the hips. Normal, right?) Long story short: my head is spinning. How will it ever get done? I don't know.

What I do know is there are a few simple tricks I use for organize the daily tasks that should never get swept under the rug with the guitar lesson notes from last month. (oops?)

1. Budget- your money doesn't deserve to be spent because you didn't plan to save.

2. Write down the weekly schedule. I usually buy a cheap weekly planner from the drugstore that I can write when my bills are due, birthdays happen and part time job has me scheduled to arrive. This would work too after you've stuck to #1 for a while:


3. Make your lunch the night before, prepare your coffee the night before. ( you know pizza for the 3rd time this week is grosser than it sounds.)

4.Set aside time to relax and workout. Go to a new class (e.g. Boxing), watch an old favorite (see below), or bake some muffins (Trader Joe's Triple Berry Bran are the best for breakfast. +They make breakfast quick and easy, too!)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

What do you do to keep organized and calm during stressful times?

No comments:

Post a Comment