Thursday, October 28, 2010

Music and Booze for the Swell Season


All summer I found myself bopping along the streets of Philadelphia to warm weather tunes: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Gorillaz, Local Natives and Free Energy. It was a Summer worthy of remembrance. There were plenty of breaks, deep tans, great times with very good people , and parties, oh, the parties. I didn't want to let this Summer go. I think at one point I even flipped Fall off. "This is bologna!" I said to the first change of weather. (And then I said, "No, I'm Bologna. Wait, no, you are what you eat. I don't even like bologna. Who am I? Wait, what?!")
Good People


Somewhere in the midst of the ongoing self conflict, my heels-once firmly dug into the dry ground-lifted and began to carry me along the turned leaves scattered along the sidewalks of suburban Maryland. And now, I am so happy Fall is here.


Source
I am ready to trade my brown leather sandals for my brown leather boots. I am ready to turn in my sundresses for sweaters. I am ready for hearty, heavy, rib-sticking meals!

So, play this one more time:
And for goodness sake! Pour me another one of these:

Krupnik Polski

1-1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 sticks cinnamon
2 whole cloves
3 strips lemon peel
1 bottle of vodka

Combine honey with the water, vanilla, spices and the lemon peel in a large saucepan. Bring this to a boil cover, and simmer for about 5 min. Add vodka, remove from the heat serve hot or cold.



Today's Thirsty Thursday beverage of choice comes from Ms. Lea Burns' blog A Pot in Time. Follow her most recent adventures, hints and suggestions while she lives the green life here: La Vita Verde


No comments:

Post a Comment