Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a la Alfredo

Truth.

I just didn't work out today. I gave myself one of those days that I packed up my gym bag, threw it in the back of my cute little red car, went to work and then went home instead of going to the gym afterward. There was no real reason: No sore funny bones or loss of sleep. I just didn't feel like it! Mwahahaha!

And then...

and THEN!!!!!!!!

I can home and ate angel hair pasta (or Capellini for you fancy folks) with ALFREDO!!!!!

Doesn't sound too dangerous of a statement on its own but I have a feeling this momentary lapse of gym judgement will lead to a downward spinning circle of bacon breakfasts, white sauce covered pasta adorned with pancetta and scallions, chocolate cakes and cookies and truffles. Feel free to b*&%# me any time, guys.

SIKE! I can't fall off that bandwagon like that!

Although I will tempt you all with this easier than pie* alfredo recipe:

4 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons flour
garlic
onions, optional
parmesan cheese to taste

In a medium sauce pan melt butter then add garlic and onions- cook until both are fragrant and transparent (about 5 minutes.) Incorporate flour until ingredients are sticky. Add heavy cream, slowly. Continue stirring and adding heavy cream ( you can add a bit more than a cup if you prefer a thinner sauce.)

Pour over whatever it is you want to treat yourself to. One of my favorites is Trader Joe's Perline pasta and prosciutto.

*I really hate the expression, "Easier than pie." I haven't yet been able to master that skill. It can't be that easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment