Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simple Pleasures

This week hit me like a tornado. What was supposed to be relaxing, day-to-day week, without a lot on the schedule turned into a fury of events, classes, work, more work, cleaning, cooking, drinking, laughing, working. Somewhere along the lines I found myself trying to look behind at the week. Like many of you, I am astonished at how I find the time to do anything nor do I know how I do what does get done. It's a lifestyle, I suppose. It is a blessing that we manage to fit a few moments into every day that we can enjoy a simple pleasure: something that doesn't cost much, requires little energy, and reminds us what is important. Simple pleasures are the moments that slow us down while we move at the speed of light.

Here are some of my favorite simple pleasures:
1. Beauty Berries
2. $1 Natty Boh's accompanied by good company, even if the band playing at the local watering hole is awful
3. Stolen unauthorized hugs from your roommate/best friend
4. Clean kitchens
5. Matt Costa and looking forward to his show tonight in D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment