Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Say Bye to Crabs

Last night I had dinner with the 'rents. They brought crabs home from Steamers, a restaurant in Bethany Beach, which is now closed for the season. So very tasty, the crabs were! Yum. 


What condiment do you usually eat with your crabs? I've tried butter, mayonnaise and Sriracha, among others. But my very favorite thing to dip my crabmeat in is something my mom introduced to me as a child--it's a mixture of fresh-squeezed lime, salt, pepper, and sugar. It may sound WEIRD or GROSS to some, but to those of you with brave and/or curious taste buds, give it a try next summer! It may turn out to be your favorite too!


Below, you can see how much I love these spiders of the sea: 
The delicious Maryland Blue Crab, covered in inches of Old Bay

Well, you can't really eat these guys, but it doesn't hurt to try...unless they're poisonous...then you break out in hives...then start growing claws out of your forehead...and a stinger tail...and eyes on your temples. Ok, do not try this at home.

Sadly, since crab season is now over, I will have to go back to eating humans. Until next summer, my crustacean cronies!
Me, eating humans

No comments:

Post a Comment