Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I AM SUCH A GREAT FRIEND/ROOMMATE'S EX-GIRLFRIEND

A few weeks ago I learned that my friend, Ryan (aka Beardsley), was coming out with his very own CD! My first brush with Beardsley's musical talent was when I witnessed him play Rock Band at the EXPERT level on both the drums and guitar, making little to no mistakes--AMAZING. My second was when we got back from a bar in Raleigh at around 2 a.m. and he drunkenly played his rendition of the Foo Fighters' 'Everlong'--sounded pretty good and not too slurry as one would expect.

Anyhow, when the CD was done, I requested an autographed copy. I listened to it. To my surprise (no offense, Ryan), he is way more than a Rock Band expert and drunken guitarist/singer. On his CD, Ryan sings, plays the guitar, the bass, the drums AND the keyboard! 

Well the next step was ALBUM ART, so of course he asked ME! I agreed. I asked for his favorite colors, a list of "likes", anything he specifically wanted on there, and for him to tell his roommate to stop buying stupid things for his car. I got "blue, orange, red, black, planes, particle physics, WWII, instruments, and he won't listen to me because he doesn't listen to anyone." (Ok, fine. I made that last part up.)

My first two ideas got shot down, so it finally came down to bald mustache man (an image out of a favorite book of Beardsley's). Idea #1 (shown below): City skyline, Japanese sun but orange/blue instead of red/white (he had just gotten back from Japan), Guitarzilla chasing little drumanese through the streets. Idea #2: Bottom half of Beardley's face, overly hairy beard, instruments protruding from beard. Winner (shown below below): serious, non-cartoony, incorporating picture from a novel, not Celene-style, but still awesome because Celene made it. 
Idea #1
The Winner (NOTE: This man is not Ryan.)
And don't forget to check out his music HERE!

1 comment: